Dental treatment procedures have been revolutionized in the recent past with the increasing use of lasers. Lasers have been previously employed in medical and surgical treatment procedures. The introduction of lasers for curing dental and oral diseases has led to minimally invasive techniques with least post-operative discomfort. Lasers accomplish best results with ease and simplicity.
Different sophisticated and state of the art equipments have been designed for use in various parts of mouth for delivering laser therapies. Dental health care professionals highly recommend changing treatment approach from the employment of traditional instruments towards laser guided armamentarium.
Albuquerque New Mexico 24 hours emergency specialist cosmetic & restorative dentist Dr William C Gardner at NM Family and Cosmetic Dentistry PC provides innovative laser technology for treating all of his patients for achieving excellent outcomes.
Q. WHAT ARE THE MAJOR USES OF LASERS WHICH CAN BENEFIT ME?
A.Dental laser equipment is highly sophisticated and specifically designed for various dental treatment procedures. Lasers have been used for curing abnormalities and defects associated with teeth, gums, socket bone as well all the different associated surrounding structures. Following are among the most beneficial and frequently performed applications of lasers in dentistry,
- Removal of decayed tooth portions,
- Single or multiple surface dental fillings,
- Teeth whitening,
- Deep cleaning of roots of teeth,
- Reshaping and removing excess gums,
- Removal of deep tooth discolorations and stains for enhancing beauty of your smiles,
- Root canal disinfection, debridement and cleaning of diseased tissues in deep portions of teeth,
- For surgical exposure of un-erupted and impacted permanent teeth especially in children,
- For dental implant placement surgeries,
- Treatment of cancers, cysts and abnormal growth in your mouth,
- Cutting and removal of abnormal bone growths,
- Removal of tartar deposits below the gums.
Q. WHY LASERS ARE PREFERRED OVER TRADITIONAL EQUIPMENT IN MAJORITY OF CASES NOW?
A.Dental lasers are preferred over conventional instruments for the following reasons,
- Absolutely pain free dental treatments with no discomfort,
- No damage to neighboring tissues due to tissue specific action when lasers are used with piezosurgery approach,
- Extremely precise and accurate functions,
- Little or absolutely no injury or trauma,
- Less chances of bleeding and swelling after the surgical treatment procedures,
- Conservative cutting action preventing unwanted injuries to surrounding tissues,
- Completion of treatment in quick time period,
- Lesser chances of spread of infections which are encountered by cross contamination through conventional surgical instruments,
- Faster recovery period.
Q. IS IT SAFE TO USE LASERS IN DENTAL TREATMENT PROCEDURES?
A.Lasers must be used by skilled, trained and expert dental health care professionals. Lasers have been associated with production of heat which can be easily coped by use of coolants and employing specialized techniques learned with experience and skill.
Q. IS LASER USE COST-EFFECTIVE IN DENTAL PROCEDURES?
A.Lasers are expensive as compared to other dental equipment. However, use of dental lasers is cost-effective due to their large number of advantages above other methods.
If you have been suffering from dental and oral abnormalities making your smile less pleasant and affecting your daily activities, you can visit your 24 hours emergency Albuquerque New Mexico dentist Dr William C Gardner at NM Family and Cosmetic Dentistry PC who is available throughout day and night and focuses upon best solution for improving your dental and oral health conditions. You can visit any time through 24 hour call or text (505) 221-6436. For scheduling an appointment, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 505-828-2669.